Monday, July 20, 2009

7.20.09

ack. been a looong time. and not that I haven't been taking pictures, I've just been so busy! but let's see if I can't get back in the swing of this, cuz I enjoy doing it and miss it when I stop...




I've been enjoying the front porch this summer as the weather has been so pleasant...very few really hot and humid days....and it's nice to just sit in the rocking chair for a few minutes and either watch the world go by...or close my eyes and rock. these little white flowers are from the very overgrown privet hedge along the front. most people don't think of it as a flowering shrub, but it is...and the blooms emit a lovely soft perfume for several weeks in the early summer...and the bees just adore it. they're so busy! i like to cut little bunches and bring them inside to perfume the house a bit.



i promise to not be such a stranger!

2 comments:

Country Cottage Chic said...

They look very pretty - so nice to pick flowers from your garden.

Jayne

Hill upon Hill said...

I think we have the bush here. It flowers at night here so you are fortunate to get some in the day. The flowers' buds close in the day...